Sunday, July 1, 2012

Eric's Lego Figure Shelves

Eric and I have been collecting Lego Figures.  The issue was how to properly display these little treasures.  So I came up with the idea of using molding as shelves.  Please excuse the dirty animal hair carpet...Mom I swear I do vacuum!!!

First we went to Home Depot and pick out molding and cut it right there in to pieces.
 Then I drilled holes to hand on the walls.
 Because most of our furniture and what nots are black I painted them black with just plain acrylic paint I had. 
 After painting I cut down some lego sheets we had into strips.  Then I glued those to the top of the molding with craft glue and painted them black.  In the future I am just going to buy black strips from Lego.com since the paint adds an extra thickness and sometimes it is had to get the bases onto the shelf.
 Then I mounted onto the wall with screws. 
I am going to have to make more of these since our collection is growing, but I think I am going to put a backing on it so it is one piece instead of several different ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment