Monday, September 17, 2012

Fleece to Fiber

So I am taking a class on how to process the fleece (Sheep butt) from the sheep into usable fiber I can spin yarn with.  I should of taken a picture of the before...but here it is soaking in my sink.  I probably let it soak and changed the water a good 10 times.  
I keep remembering a comment someone made to me about knitting a sweater.  He said..."You can buy that at the store"....the point isn't that I can buy this at a store.  I love the idea of making things and having pride in that process.  Knowing I did this and no one else did.  To me the spinning and making of yarn has such a deep connection.  People have been utilizing this process in one form or another for thousands of years.  By learning this process I am learning about myself.   

Some days I really love were my life is heading.....

Next week I get to learn to comb and process the wool....I will post pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment